MARCH Camera Club held the final competition of its 2006/07 programme last Thursday - the annual slide competition which over the five sections attracted 95 entries. Judge was Adrian Stone. The record and technical section, which attracted an entry of nin
MARCH Camera Club held the final competition of its 2006/07 programme last Thursday - the annual slide competition which over the five sections attracted 95 entries. Judge was Adrian Stone.
The record and technical section, which attracted an entry of nine slides, was won by John Band with a colour slide entitled Wheel Part. Rrunner-up was Albert Horton with Satellite Comms.
The natural history and animals section attracted seven entries and the winner was Allan Howe with a colour slide of a two red deer entitled Just Two. Allan was also runner-up with a picture of a horse feeding.
Winner in the portrait and people section, which attracted nine entries, was Mel Harris with Painting Boat. John Band was runner-up with Greengrass.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Ley won the beginner's section, which attracted two entries, with a black and white slide entitled It's Called a Backdrop.
Pat Ringham won the pictorial section, which attracted 68 entries, with a slide entitled Ready To Steam. Joint runners-up were Eric Stromberg with Roofless and Pat Ringham with Sea Defences.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Slide of the Year was judged from winners and runners-up from each section and final results were: 1 Ready To Steam (Pat Ringham), 2 Just Two (Allan Howe), 3 It's Called a Backdrop (Chris Ley).