CAMPAIGN: Today we launch ‘Fair Fuel for the Fens’ and ask: Why the 15p difference in fuel prices across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Readers have expressed outrage at the rocketing cost of fuel in some parts of Fenland and East Cambridgeshire with the difference on petrol, for instance, being up to 15p a litre in some places.
BP in Ely and Littleport for instance are charging as much as 138.9 per litre in Ely (a BP garage in March is 10p cheaper) but prices for unleaded fuel can often be found for as little as 124.9 per litre for unleaded.
Now we want you to help us with our 'Fair Fuel for the Fens' campaign by sending in photos from around Cambridgeshire - and in particular Ely, Litleport, Soham, March, Chatteris, Wisbech and Whittlesey - showing prices at the pump today.
If you're travelling outside the area - maybe to Peterborough, Cambridge, King's Lynn or to London even - and stop for fuel, snap a pix of the pumps.
A colleague in London last night paid 155.9 for a diesel - he was not impressed. He called in to re-fuel at London Gateway Services.
So start snapping away (safely of course) and let us have your photos. Take them anytime from today onwards and email me, firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them via messenger into our Facebook groups or post them below this story.
Once we get a better picture of what's happening we'll begin asking questions of retailers and suppliers.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
'Fair Fuel for the Fens' - what do you think?