CAMPAIGN: Today we launch ‘Fair Fuel for the Fens’ and ask: Why the 15p difference in fuel prices across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Readers have expressed outrage at the rocketing cost of fuel in some parts of Fenland and East Cambridgeshire with the difference on petrol, for instance, being up to 15p a litre in some places.
BP in Ely and Littleport for instance are charging as much as 138.9 per litre in Ely (a BP garage in March is 10p cheaper) but prices for unleaded fuel can often be found for as little as 124.9 per litre for unleaded.
Now we want you to help us with our 'Fair Fuel for the Fens' campaign by sending in photos from around Cambridgeshire - and in particular Ely, Litleport, Soham, March, Chatteris, Wisbech and Whittlesey - showing prices at the pump today.
If you're travelling outside the area - maybe to Peterborough, Cambridge, King's Lynn or to London even - and stop for fuel, snap a pix of the pumps.
A colleague in London last night paid 155.9 for a diesel - he was not impressed. He called in to re-fuel at London Gateway Services.
You may also want to watch:
So start snapping away (safely of course) and let us have your photos. Take them anytime from today onwards and email me, email@example.com or drop them via messenger into our Facebook groups or post them below this story.
Once we get a better picture of what's happening we'll begin asking questions of retailers and suppliers.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
'Fair Fuel for the Fens' - what do you think?