Campaign launched to keep drivers safe this winter
- Credit: Archant
A NATIONAL road safety charity and vehicle rental company are working together to keep drivers safe on the road this winter in Peterborough.
Burnt Tree Vehicle Hire, the UK car, van and specialist vehicle rental, leasing and contract hire company, will make a donation after every rental agreement to Brake, the national road safety charity.
They have also produced a winter safety pack for its customers which includes an ice scraper, foil blanket, wind-up torch, chocolate bar and hand warmers.
Martin Howard, spokesperson at Brake, said: “Winter weather can be unpredictable and turn quickly, making roads treacherous.
“Stopping distances increase significantly in wet and icy weather, and we are joining Burnt Tree in urging all drivers to be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
“Listen to forecasts, and make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and kitted out. If you get caught in bad weather the most critical thing is to slow right down and keep your distance, bearing in mind it will take you much longer to stop in an emergency.
“By taking these simple steps, all drivers can help to reduce the number of devastating crashes this winter, and that is why we are delighted to partner with Burnt Tree in its winter safety campaign.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle