Campaigners ready to highlight danger of busy March road in ‘Big Walk to School’ tomorrow
PARENTS and children in March are preparing for a ‘Big Walk to School’ tomorrow, as the campaign for safety measures on Station Road accelerates.
Campaigners, parents and residents will meet at 8:30am outside St John’s Church before walking to school in a large group.
The mass effort is the latest move in the call for a permanent crossing on the busy road, which is used by hundreds of pedestrians every day.
Parents have said they are tired of “running the gauntlet” when taking their children to the three nearby primary schools, All Saints, Westwood and Maple Grove.
The campaign has drawn support from councillors and residents, with hundreds of petition signatures flooding in.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone supporting the calls for safety measures are urged to join the campaigners tomorrow morning. Banners are being made and police will attend to handle traffic.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run