Can nobody drag us back up again?
HAVING just received my latest Council Tax bill I observe that Cambridgeshire County Council (which according to the national press is near the top of the Fat Cat league for chief executive salaries) and Cambridgeshire Police Authority (which is conspicuo
HAVING just received my latest Council Tax bill I observe that Cambridgeshire County Council (which according to the national press is near the top of the Fat Cat league for chief executive salaries) and Cambridgeshire Police Authority (which is conspicuous by its absence in Chatteris) have each decided to grab as much as they can.
For two years they have each taken a five per cent rise (about double the rate of inflation) during which period pensioners on fixed incomes have been restricted to about 3.5 per cent.
Not to be outdone Chatteris Parish Council has this year decided to join the gravy train with a 10.3 per cent increase.
None of the above increases can possibly be justified, although an explanation may be hidden salary and expenses increases for the faceless multitude supporting the chief executives.
Despite this it would appear we are to be subjected to intrusive inspections of our homes (fines are indicated if we attempt to prevent this invasion of our privacy) so that they can 'steal(th) tax' further Council Tax increases.
My conclusion is that we English are a crazy lot to allow ourselves to be ruled to extinction by a group of Scots, who are hell bent on dragging this country down to the benefit of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
Is there nobody capable of doing a Churchill and dragging this country out of the mire and turn it back into the country we were proud of once again?
Somehow I doubt it as the current leadership of all political parties seem totally incapable of grasping the proverbial nettle.