Can nobody drag us back up again?
HAVING just received my latest Council Tax bill I observe that Cambridgeshire County Council (which according to the national press is near the top of the Fat Cat league for chief executive salaries) and Cambridgeshire Police Authority (which is conspicuo
HAVING just received my latest Council Tax bill I observe that Cambridgeshire County Council (which according to the national press is near the top of the Fat Cat league for chief executive salaries) and Cambridgeshire Police Authority (which is conspicuous by its absence in Chatteris) have each decided to grab as much as they can.
For two years they have each taken a five per cent rise (about double the rate of inflation) during which period pensioners on fixed incomes have been restricted to about 3.5 per cent.
Not to be outdone Chatteris Parish Council has this year decided to join the gravy train with a 10.3 per cent increase.
None of the above increases can possibly be justified, although an explanation may be hidden salary and expenses increases for the faceless multitude supporting the chief executives.
You may also want to watch:
Despite this it would appear we are to be subjected to intrusive inspections of our homes (fines are indicated if we attempt to prevent this invasion of our privacy) so that they can 'steal(th) tax' further Council Tax increases.
My conclusion is that we English are a crazy lot to allow ourselves to be ruled to extinction by a group of Scots, who are hell bent on dragging this country down to the benefit of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
Is there nobody capable of doing a Churchill and dragging this country out of the mire and turn it back into the country we were proud of once again?
Somehow I doubt it as the current leadership of all political parties seem totally incapable of grasping the proverbial nettle.