Can we have a shoe shop?
NOW that Kellyvision is about to vacate its temporary stay in one of the primest spots in Market Street, Whittlesey, is there anyone out there brave enough to take up the challenge of providing the ladies of this area with a reasonably-priced clothing and
NOW that Kellyvision is about to vacate its temporary stay in one of the primest spots in Market Street, Whittlesey, is there anyone out there brave enough to take up the challenge of providing the ladies of this area with a reasonably-priced clothing and shoe shop?
The three former dress shops in the town, from the very cheap to the very expensive, have all closed, as has the only shoe shop. It would be ideal if there could be just one medium priced, but good standard, shop to fill the vacuum.
The empty ex-Houseproud shop is in an ideal central site and is of a size that could provide a good range and selection of merchandise. The powers that be are always bemoaning the fact that Whittlesey shops are closing but if female shoppers have no clotheswear shop at all they will have to look elsewhere. It is appalling that residents in a town the size of Whittlesey have to travel to March, Wisbech, King's Lynn or Peterborough to buy any type of ladies' shoes or clothing. And make no mistake - while they are there they will also tend to do their other shopping there too.
So please somebody, provide us with the shop we need and stop us having to go out of town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely