Can you give these cats a home?
THE calendar finally says summer and everyone is hoping for that little bit of sunshine. This is especially true for our collection of older feline friends in the cattery. Bracken, Sox, Marigold, Burt and Sweet Pea are all looking forward to finding a n
THE calendar finally says 'summer' and everyone is hoping for that little bit of sunshine.
This is especially true for our collection of older feline friends in the cattery. Bracken, Sox, Marigold, Burt and Sweet Pea are all looking forward to finding a new home with people who can offer them safe and peaceful retirement.
A place on a sunny windowsill, a lap to curl up on, regular meals, a cuddle and a friendly word - that's all it would take to make these guys happy again.
All can look back at about a decade of mixed fortunes. Some had happy lives, some were not so lucky, but all have one thing in common -- there is still a lot of purr left in them. No need to feel lonely, any one of our "pensioners' league" would gladly step in and make your life complete again.
You may also want to watch:
There is one simple way to find out what's going on at Block Fen, meet all the animals and at the same time help us to raise funds for X-ray equipment.
Join us for a day of fun and activities on Sunday July 15 (11am-4pm, £2/£1). We have loads planned and we will even parade some of the rehoming dogs for you to have a closer look at.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
If you already have a dog, here's your chance to enter our dog show. Entries are taken from 11am; judging starts at noon.
You can also have a go at agility or check out how fast your pooch is in the fastest recall competition. We planned for you: birds of prey display, ferret and donkey rescue, bouncy castle, sumo wrestling, refreshments, raffle, crafts and bric-a-brac, pottery, toy and jewellery stalls and many more.
Information: Block Fen Animal Centre, Wimblington, PE15 0FB, Tel: 0870 9061426 Open daily 11.30am-3.30pm. Closed Wednesdays. Animals for adoption are on our website: www.rspca.org.uk/rehomingtrial. Please contact us if you have any enquiries or think you can help in any way. Newspapers always gratefully received.