Can you help former March Mayor Patsy Brewin to find her mobility scooter?
- Credit: Archant
FORMER Mayor of March Patsy Brewin is appealing for the return of her mobility scooter, after a mix-up at the weekend left her with the wrong mode of transport.
When she returned home from 50th anniversary celebrations at the Middle Level Watermen’s Club on Saturday, she took the wrong scooter back to her home in City Road, March.
Patsy, 82, said this week: “I didn’t notice at the time they put me in the wrong scooter, but this scooter is older than mine, it has a muddy platform and has lots of labels on it.
“It means someone else has my scooter, and I would very much like it back. My scooter and I are inseparable, I use it several times a week to go for lunch at the Conservative Club and to go into town.”
Patsy was helped into the wrong scooter after enjoying tea in a marquee at the Skoulding’s Rest site on Saturday afternoon. “My friend who was with me thought we had the correct scooter, and my carer plugged it in,” said Patsy. “But after I got it home I realised the mistake. I had been in hospital at the beginning of the week with breathing problems, and I am about to start cancer treatment, so I really need this sorting out as soon as possible. I am using the scooter I have, but I am absolutely convinced this is not mine.”
If you know the whereabouts of Patsy’s blue Shop Rider scooter, please call her on 01354 661660.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body