Canbridgeshire roads claim another victim as black Range Rover crashes near Eye, Peterborough, killing driver
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a collision on Crowland Road, Eye, shortly before 2.20pm this afternoon (September 1).
The man was driving a black Range Rover, when it is believed he lost control of the vehicle causing it to leave the road and end up on its roof in a ditch.
Emergency services attended, but sadly the man died at the scene. The road is closed.
A child who was a passenger in the vehicle received serious injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital. Further details of the injuries are not available at this stage.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the roads policing unit by calling 101.
Crowland Road remains closed between Eye Green and the junction of the B1443 while officers deal with the incident.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life