Canbridgeshire roads claim another victim as black Range Rover crashes near Eye, Peterborough, killing driver
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a collision on Crowland Road, Eye, shortly before 2.20pm this afternoon (September 1).
The man was driving a black Range Rover, when it is believed he lost control of the vehicle causing it to leave the road and end up on its roof in a ditch.
Emergency services attended, but sadly the man died at the scene. The road is closed.
A child who was a passenger in the vehicle received serious injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital. Further details of the injuries are not available at this stage.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the roads policing unit by calling 101.
You may also want to watch:
Crowland Road remains closed between Eye Green and the junction of the B1443 while officers deal with the incident.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital