Fashion show and coffee morning raise nearly £1000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A fashion show and coffee morning in March raised nearly £1000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Stylish new season clothing and accessories at M&Co were modelled by volunteers at the shop in March High Street on September 17.
A raffle was also held raising £375.47.
Linda Gill, who is a member of the March, Chatteris and District Committee, said: "Thank you to all the models who volunteered their time."
A coffee morning also took place at the Conservative Club on September 6, organised by Carol Stanbridge. A total of £600 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
Linda added: "Macmillan members Ann and Margaret attended to support this event and our thanks go to all who donated cakes, helped and attended to raise funds to help local people affected by a cancer diagnosis."
Macmillan Cancer Support is one of the largest British charities and provides specialist health care, information and financial support to people affected by cancer.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder