Mile-long queues after crash between car and motorbike on Fen back road
- Credit: Archant
Traffic queues longer than a mile were caused on the A142 this morning after a crash between a car and motorbike on a Fenland back road.
Queues backed up in both directions on Ireton’s Way between Mepal and Chatteris after the collision on Chatteris Road at around 8am.
Motorists were warned to “approach with care and expect delays” after the crash which took nearly an hour to fully clear.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called just before 8am this morning to Chatteris Road, Mepal with reports of a collision involving a car and a motorbike.
“The ambulance was also called, the details of injuries are not clear on the logs; It says at 8.48 that the road has been cleared.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “A142 Ireton’s Way in both directions between Mepal and Chatteris; queues of over one mile due to a road traffic collision.
“Police are on scene. Please approach with care and expect delays.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion