Car chase ends in Tydd Gote when a driver rams an unmarked police car and injures an officer
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year old has been arrested for attempted murder following a car chase through Wisbech which ended when the driver rammed an unmarked police car three times and injured an officer.
The man from Spalding was arrested when the chase ended in Tydd Gote at about 11am today (Wednesday 18).
The incident began at about 10.18am when members of the road policing team (the Beds, Cambs and Herts ANPR Team) requested a white Vauxhall Astra to stop during a routine check.
The man sped off towards the Old Market and a controlled pursuit commenced which headed towards the Leverington area.
The vehicle then drove towards Tydd Gote but when an unmarked vehicle went to block the vehicle it was rammed three times.
One police officer received minor injuries and was checked over by ambulance crew.
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to pull the driver of a vehicle over when a collision occurred between that car and a stationary police vehicle.
“A police officer has been treated at the scene for minor injuries.
“A 21-year-old man from Spalding was arrested at about 11am on suspicion of attempt murder and is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre in Kings Lynn.”