Car chase ends in Tydd Gote when a driver rams an unmarked police car and injures an officer
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year old has been arrested for attempted murder following a car chase through Wisbech which ended when the driver rammed an unmarked police car three times and injured an officer.
The man from Spalding was arrested when the chase ended in Tydd Gote at about 11am today (Wednesday 18).
The incident began at about 10.18am when members of the road policing team (the Beds, Cambs and Herts ANPR Team) requested a white Vauxhall Astra to stop during a routine check.
The man sped off towards the Old Market and a controlled pursuit commenced which headed towards the Leverington area.
The vehicle then drove towards Tydd Gote but when an unmarked vehicle went to block the vehicle it was rammed three times.
One police officer received minor injuries and was checked over by ambulance crew.
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to pull the driver of a vehicle over when a collision occurred between that car and a stationary police vehicle.
“A police officer has been treated at the scene for minor injuries.
“A 21-year-old man from Spalding was arrested at about 11am on suspicion of attempt murder and is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre in Kings Lynn.”