Car chase ends in Tydd Gote when a driver rams an unmarked police car and injures an officer
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year old has been arrested for attempted murder following a car chase through Wisbech which ended when the driver rammed an unmarked police car three times and injured an officer.
The man from Spalding was arrested when the chase ended in Tydd Gote at about 11am today (Wednesday 18).
The incident began at about 10.18am when members of the road policing team (the Beds, Cambs and Herts ANPR Team) requested a white Vauxhall Astra to stop during a routine check.
The man sped off towards the Old Market and a controlled pursuit commenced which headed towards the Leverington area.
The vehicle then drove towards Tydd Gote but when an unmarked vehicle went to block the vehicle it was rammed three times.
You may also want to watch:
One police officer received minor injuries and was checked over by ambulance crew.
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
A police spokesman said: “Officers attempted to pull the driver of a vehicle over when a collision occurred between that car and a stationary police vehicle.
“A police officer has been treated at the scene for minor injuries.
“A 21-year-old man from Spalding was arrested at about 11am on suspicion of attempt murder and is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre in Kings Lynn.”