Residents claim ‘drink driver’ calmly walked away after this spectacular crash in Wisbech - he’s since been arrested
- Credit: Archant
A man – thought to have been drinking – has been arrested after he crashed into a parked car in Wisbech last night and fled the scene.
A police spokesman confirmed today they were called at around 1015pm last Thursday following reports of a collision in Grosvenor Road, Wisbech.
“The collision involved two cars and no injuries were reported,” said the spokesman.
“A man in his 40s from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive due to alcohol or drugs.”
Police confirmed that the arrested man remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Residents took to social media to express delight that an arrest had been made. One reported how the driver had alleged carried a friend in his car just three hours before the collision.
“Just glad she wasn’t in the crash with him,” the man posted to a local Facebook group.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Another wrote: “I am so glad that finally he’s been caught before someone innocent got hurt.
“I have been been telling everyone to watch out for ages; I’m fuming.”
One woman posted: “I cannot believe the chap just walked off. It was so surreal to watch him walk away.”