Driver takes police on pursuit from Guyhirn to Wisbech before crashing into parked car
- Credit: Archant
A driver, who hid from officers after taking them on a pursuit across the county before crashing into a parked car, was arrested last night (July 9).
The dark-coloured Peugeot was spotted by officers in Peterborough at around 10.15pm before it was followed towards Guyhirn.
Officers attempted to stop the car on the A47, South Brink, but after the vehicle failed to stop a pursuit began into Wisbech.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “A controlled pursuit commenced which headed into Wisbech.
“The vehicle crashed into a parked vehicle on Lake Court and the driver ran.
You may also want to watch:
“A male was found hiding in a near by location and he was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, no insurance and a number of other offences.”
The driver was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn where inquiries continue this morning (July 10).
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
The vehicle was seized by officers.