Driver ‘walks off’ after ploughing into garden fences and walls at Norwood Road in March
- Credit: FACEBOOK / PETRA KENTROP
A driver caused carnage down a road in March after they ploughed through garden fences and walls before allegedly walking away from the scene.
One family woke up on Sunday (March 3) on Norwood Road to find a black hatchback car in their front garden.
An eye witness said the driver of the car just walked away from the scene and they thought the person, who has not yet been identified, was “going to the shop to sit down”.
A few years ago, residents that lived down a neighbouring road collected names for a petition for traffic calming measures to be put in place to prevent speeding.
One resident said: It [the scene] was a right mess when I passed this morning; god only knows how he managed it. It’s lucky no one was hurt.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Jan French replied to the feed of disgruntled residents of Norwood Road and asked for suggestions of what needed to be done to prevent further incidents.
She said: “We need to speak to residents again, what do they want? What will work for them? No matter what is put in, you will never stop the boy racers or idiots.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told