Car driver miraculously escapes Hilgay crash with minor injuries
- Credit: Archant
A car driver had a miraculous escape after a tractor rolled onto his roof after overturning.
The man had to be cut free from his car by firefighters, but just suffered a hand injury.
King’s Lynn fire station manager Grant Cotterell said: “He had a very lucky escape. The tractor overturned, rolled onto its roof and landed on top of the car, on the driver’s side, where the man was sitting. There was substantial damage to the car.”
It happened at about 7.30am yesterday (Monday) on the A10 at Hilgay, near Downham Market.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: “We sent a rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, and an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“Three patients were treated, all of whom had sustained minor injuries and were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital via land ambulances in stable conditions.”
Fire crews from Littleport, King’s Lynn, and Terrington attended.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
The A10 was closed at Hilgay for about six hours.