Car ends up on its roof in a crash at Earith
- Credit: Archant
Fire crew were called out to deal with an evening road traffic collision at Earith.
One crew from Cottenham, one crew from Sutton and one crew from Huntingdon were called to the collision near Earith Bridge on Bridge Road, Earith.
One car had overturned and was on its roof in a field at about 7pm on Monday evening (December 10).
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty, who was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews returned to their stations by 9.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
Incident Commander, Station Commander Paul Clarke said: “This was a particularly difficult incident to deal with due to the position of the car on it’s roof, the position of the casualty within the car, the nature of the injuries sustained and the age of the casualty.
“Our crews worked superbly with our ambulance colleagues to effect a methodical and safe release of the casualty.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle