Car set alight in Whittlesey arson attack
- Credit: Archant
A car was set alight on a grass verge in a Whittlesey village.
The incident happened on Friday October 19 at 12.20pm in Chapel Road in Pondersbridge.
Firefighters from Stanground arrived to find the car “well alight” on a grass verge.
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 1.45pm.
A spokesperson for Cambs Fire and Rescue confirmed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze