Car bursts into flames after ‘uninsured drink driver’ tries to escape police on steel rim of wheels down A1
- Credit: POLICING PETERBOROUGH
A car burst into flames on a Cambridgeshire road while the ‘drink driver’ was attempting to flee police officers.
It was also reported that the driver was also uninsured as he drove on the steel rims of his wheels down the A1 towards Stamford.
The car eventually caught fire on Tinwell Road after driving down the main stretch of road without any tyres.
Police officers from the Peterborough station were joined by Lincolnshire officers who, along with members of the public, arrested the driver.
Officers joked on social media, they said: “Be naughty, get caughty.” They also said that the arrest was “a relief”.
You may also want to watch:
One concerned user on social media said: “We need a 21st century solution for vehicles to stop this constant problem of uninsured drivers.
“You have to identify yourself via fingerprint; an in-built breath test could be done if you have previously been caught drink or drug driving.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Another added: “Put more ANPR cameras out there and just sit and wait. You might need more cops though!”