Three taken to hospital after car and a lorry are in collision at Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Three people were taken to hospital when a car and a lorry were in collision in Leverington today (Wednesday 27).
Fire crew used cutting equipment to take off a car door to help get a casualty out of the vehicle.
The incident happened at around noon .
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and the Ambulance Service attended a two vehicle collision, car vs HGV, on Dowgate Road junction with Sutton Road, Wisbech.
“Holmatro cutting equipment was used by the fire service to remove a door to assist getting the casualty out of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Three people have been taken to The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn with slight injuries.
“The vehicle was recovered and the road has been reopened.”
- 1 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 2 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 3 Care home is out of special measures – but still requires improvement
- 4 Tribute to Capt Tom and to all grieving from Covid-19 losses
- 5 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 6 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 7 Driver pulled from three-car wreck as one vehicle flips onto its side
- 8 Hares boss confident of promotion push amid frustration over season
- 9 Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride
- 10 Motorcyclist hospitalised after collision with car
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident and are asking members of the public to call 101 and quote incident CC-27062018-0186 #2445 #2008.