Three taken to hospital after car and a lorry are in collision at Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Three people were taken to hospital when a car and a lorry were in collision in Leverington today (Wednesday 27).
Fire crew used cutting equipment to take off a car door to help get a casualty out of the vehicle.
The incident happened at around noon .
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and the Ambulance Service attended a two vehicle collision, car vs HGV, on Dowgate Road junction with Sutton Road, Wisbech.
“Holmatro cutting equipment was used by the fire service to remove a door to assist getting the casualty out of the vehicle.
“Three people have been taken to The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn with slight injuries.
“The vehicle was recovered and the road has been reopened.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 9 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident and are asking members of the public to call 101 and quote incident CC-27062018-0186 #2445 #2008.