Three taken to hospital after car and a lorry are in collision at Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Three people were taken to hospital when a car and a lorry were in collision in Leverington today (Wednesday 27).
Fire crew used cutting equipment to take off a car door to help get a casualty out of the vehicle.
The incident happened at around noon .
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue Service and the Ambulance Service attended a two vehicle collision, car vs HGV, on Dowgate Road junction with Sutton Road, Wisbech.
“Holmatro cutting equipment was used by the fire service to remove a door to assist getting the casualty out of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Three people have been taken to The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn with slight injuries.
“The vehicle was recovered and the road has been reopened.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident and are asking members of the public to call 101 and quote incident CC-27062018-0186 #2445 #2008.