Car inches away from hitting Fenland home after rolling through hedge in two-vehicle smash
A CAR has today rolled through a hedge in a two-vehicle smash in a Fenland town, missing a house by inches.
The collision between a maroon Rover Metro and a maroon Mazda Demio took place at the junction of Wisbech Road and Peas Hill Road, March, at about 2.50pm.
The Rover rolled onto its side and went through the hedge of a nearby garden. The Demio, driven by an elderly woman, is currently in the middle of Wisbech Road.
One onlooker who witnessed the aftermath said: “I was in my house and heard a skid, a big bang, another skid and then silence. I came out to see everyone getting out of their cars.
“The road is a 40mph speed limit but I really think it should be lowered to 30mph.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are at the scene and are directing traffic. Road closures are currently not in place but traffic is starting to build in the vicinity.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police