Car inches away from hitting Fenland home after rolling through hedge in two-vehicle smash
A CAR has today rolled through a hedge in a two-vehicle smash in a Fenland town, missing a house by inches.
The collision between a maroon Rover Metro and a maroon Mazda Demio took place at the junction of Wisbech Road and Peas Hill Road, March, at about 2.50pm.
The Rover rolled onto its side and went through the hedge of a nearby garden. The Demio, driven by an elderly woman, is currently in the middle of Wisbech Road.
One onlooker who witnessed the aftermath said: “I was in my house and heard a skid, a big bang, another skid and then silence. I came out to see everyone getting out of their cars.
“The road is a 40mph speed limit but I really think it should be lowered to 30mph.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are at the scene and are directing traffic. Road closures are currently not in place but traffic is starting to build in the vicinity.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections