Car on fire in layby at Coates
- Credit: Archant
EMERGENCY services were called to a car that was on fire in a lay by at Coates at the weekend.
Smoke poured across the A605 at around 11.50pm on Friday after the Peugeot burst into flames due to an electrical fault.
Police attended to direct traffic due to the smoke going across the carriageway.
Fire crew from Whittlesey attended the scene and had the fire under control within an hour.
They were back at their station by 12.55am.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire fire and rescue spokesman said the blaze had started due to an accidental electrical fault.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4