Car on fire in layby at Coates

Peugeot car fire in layby on March Road Coates.

Peugeot car fire in layby on March Road Coates. - Credit: Archant

EMERGENCY services were called to a car that was on fire in a lay by at Coates at the weekend.

Smoke poured across the A605 at around 11.50pm on Friday after the Peugeot burst into flames due to an electrical fault.

Police attended to direct traffic due to the smoke going across the carriageway.

Fire crew from Whittlesey attended the scene and had the fire under control within an hour.

They were back at their station by 12.55am.


You may also want to watch:


A Cambridgeshire fire and rescue spokesman said the blaze had started due to an accidental electrical fault.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter