‘Let this be a message to those who ignore the law’: Police seize Mercedes after it was driven with no MOT, no insurance and on provisional licence
- Credit: Archant
Police in Chatteris have seized a Mercedes-Benz after it was driven through the town with no insurance, no MOT and on a provisional driving licence.
Officers stopped the vehicle on Wenny Road in Chatteris on Wednesday, August 15 after they spotted a defective tyre.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “It transpired that the driver had no valid insurance, no MOT and was driving unsupervised on a provisional driving licence.
“The car was seized and the driver reported for several road traffic offences.
“Local police assisted by the Roads Policing Unit will continue to target illegal and/or anti-social driving on your roads.
You may also want to watch:
“Let this be a message to those who ignore the law.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k