Car strikes barrier at level crossing near Ely but train services now back to normal
A CAR struck a barrier and caused delays for a while on the Ely to Norwich line earlier today.
The accident happened at 7.32am when the car hit the barrier at the level crossing at Mile End near Prickwillow.
Rescue services were called and British Rail maintenance staff was brought in to ensure minimum delays to services.
Initial reports suggested delays of up to half an hour on the line but by 9am trains had resumed as normal.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “We were called to reports that a vehicle had struck a level crossing barrier at Mile End on the B1382.
You may also want to watch:
“There were no injuries reported and we will not be investigating the incident further.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend