March woman running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon for her best friend Emma who suffers with ‘severe Cardiomyopathy’
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A March woman will take on this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon for a charity which looks after her best friend who suffers with severe cardiomyopathy.
Wendy Harrison, a GP from the Fenland town, says not only is she running for charity, but she is also taking part to “encourage others to exercise”.
The 56-year-old is raising money for CardiomyopathyUK, the charity which helps her friend Emma who has had two major open heart surgeries and assessment for a transplant.
Ms Harrison said: “CardiomyopathyUK have been a great encouragement to my best friend whose severe, debilitating cardiomyopathy had life-changing consequences for her.
“The charity has supported her through two episodes of major open heart surgery and assessment for a heart transplant.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite all of this, Emma’s care for others and positive attitude is inspirational and I hope do to her proud next month!”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wendy-harrison20
Are you from Cambridgeshire and running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon? We’d love to feature you in our newspaper, online and in print.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Please email your name, age, where you live and the cause you are running for and why to firstname.lastname@example.org – include ‘London Marathon 2019’ in the subject area.
Please keep submissions between 150-200 words and make sure you attach a photograph. Remember to leave contact details so we can catch up with you after the race. Good luck!