March woman running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon for her best friend Emma who suffers with ‘severe Cardiomyopathy’
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A March woman will take on this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon for a charity which looks after her best friend who suffers with severe cardiomyopathy.
Wendy Harrison, a GP from the Fenland town, says not only is she running for charity, but she is also taking part to “encourage others to exercise”.
The 56-year-old is raising money for CardiomyopathyUK, the charity which helps her friend Emma who has had two major open heart surgeries and assessment for a transplant.
Ms Harrison said: “CardiomyopathyUK have been a great encouragement to my best friend whose severe, debilitating cardiomyopathy had life-changing consequences for her.
“The charity has supported her through two episodes of major open heart surgery and assessment for a heart transplant.
“Despite all of this, Emma’s care for others and positive attitude is inspirational and I hope do to her proud next month!”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wendy-harrison20
Are you from Cambridgeshire and running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon? We’d love to feature you in our newspaper, online and in print.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Please email your name, age, where you live and the cause you are running for and why to firstname.lastname@example.org – include ‘London Marathon 2019’ in the subject area.
Please keep submissions between 150-200 words and make sure you attach a photograph. Remember to leave contact details so we can catch up with you after the race. Good luck!