Doddington care home director nominated for award due to her ‘continuous commitment’
- Credit: Archant
A director of a family-run care group in Doddington has been nominated for an award due to her “continuous commitment to providing excellence in the care sector”.
Aliyyah-Begum Nasser, from Askham Village Community, has been nominated for this year's WISE100 (Women in Social Enterprise 100).
The awards connect women nationwide allowing them to learn and inspire each other.
Aliyyah has been nominated for social business leader of the year in recognition of her role.
She has also given her time to help various causes, including transforming a failing ambulance service and a start-up venture manufacturing mobile medical facilities in India.
You may also want to watch:
Aliyyah said: "It's a privilege to be nominated for these awards.
"It means so much to be acknowledged for contributing to the growing need for socially minded business professionals particularly within health."
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens