Doddington care home director nominated for award due to her ‘continuous commitment’
- Credit: Archant
A director of a family-run care group in Doddington has been nominated for an award due to her “continuous commitment to providing excellence in the care sector”.
Aliyyah-Begum Nasser, from Askham Village Community, has been nominated for this year's WISE100 (Women in Social Enterprise 100).
The awards connect women nationwide allowing them to learn and inspire each other.
Aliyyah has been nominated for social business leader of the year in recognition of her role.
She has also given her time to help various causes, including transforming a failing ambulance service and a start-up venture manufacturing mobile medical facilities in India.
You may also want to watch:
Aliyyah said: "It's a privilege to be nominated for these awards.
"It means so much to be acknowledged for contributing to the growing need for socially minded business professionals particularly within health."
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream