Doddington care home director nominated for award due to her ‘continuous commitment’
- Credit: Archant
A director of a family-run care group in Doddington has been nominated for an award due to her “continuous commitment to providing excellence in the care sector”.
Aliyyah-Begum Nasser, from Askham Village Community, has been nominated for this year's WISE100 (Women in Social Enterprise 100).
The awards connect women nationwide allowing them to learn and inspire each other.
Aliyyah has been nominated for social business leader of the year in recognition of her role.
She has also given her time to help various causes, including transforming a failing ambulance service and a start-up venture manufacturing mobile medical facilities in India.
You may also want to watch:
Aliyyah said: "It's a privilege to be nominated for these awards.
"It means so much to be acknowledged for contributing to the growing need for socially minded business professionals particularly within health."
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 5 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response