Doddington care home director nominated for award due to her ‘continuous commitment’
- Credit: Archant
A director of a family-run care group in Doddington has been nominated for an award due to her “continuous commitment to providing excellence in the care sector”.
Aliyyah-Begum Nasser, from Askham Village Community, has been nominated for this year's WISE100 (Women in Social Enterprise 100).
The awards connect women nationwide allowing them to learn and inspire each other.
Aliyyah has been nominated for social business leader of the year in recognition of her role.
She has also given her time to help various causes, including transforming a failing ambulance service and a start-up venture manufacturing mobile medical facilities in India.
Aliyyah said: "It's a privilege to be nominated for these awards.
"It means so much to be acknowledged for contributing to the growing need for socially minded business professionals particularly within health."
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim