Care home staff dress up as Christmas elves to bring cheer in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Dedicated staff at a care home in Chatteris dressed up as elves to bring a smile to faces and raise money for charity.
The Gables Care Home collected around £300 for the Alzheimer's Society on Elf Day (Friday December 6).
Lorna Jones, activities coordinator, said: "The residents loved to see us dressed as Santa's little helpers.
"It was a cause that is very close to the hearts of our staff members, so a big thank you to all who donated."
Next up the care home have their Christmas Fayre on Friday December 13 from 2pm to 4pm, which is also Christmas jumper day.
There will be an annual pantomime production of Aladdin by staff held on Monday December 16 at 2pm.
And on Christmas Eve a party afternoon with entertainment, drinks, nibbles and a Christmas draw will take place.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
There is still time to donate at https://www.justgiving.com/team/TeamGables