Carol fulfils a lifetime ambition as she swims the English Channel for charity
A LIFETIME’S ambition was achieved by swimming instructor Carol Brinkworth when she was part of a fund raising team that swam the English Channel.
“I have wanted to swim the channel since I was a child,” said 59-year-old Carol, who has the franchise for selling Wiltshire Farm Foods in the Fenland and Ely area.
“I have been a swimmer all my life, but swimming the channel was much harder than I expected. We swam in one hour sessions, and our six-strong team completed the swim from Dover harbour to Calais in 15 hours and 50 minutes.”
Carol has set herself a target to raise �5,000 for Against Breast Cancer, and needs just another �500 to reach her goal.
“I would like to thank everyone who sponsored me,” said Carol. “Breast cancer has been a problem for lots of family and friends recently, so its a cause very close to my heart.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol lives in Sleaford and runs her business with husband David in Grantham. “I trained for a whole year for the swim,” said Carol, who is a swimming instructor. “I first trained at an indoor pool, then in an outside pool, and finally in the sea.
“It was very hard, especially when it got dark, the weather and tides meant the sea got quite rough at times. But I am thrilled to have completed the challenge.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
To sponsor Carol, go to www.justgiving.com/carolbrinkworth