Cars and play area sprayed with black paint during bonfire night vandalism in Chatteris
A CHILDREN’S play area was sprayed with graffiti and several cars were damaged during a spate of vandalism in Chatteris on bonfire night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the criminal damage, which took place on Saturday evening (November 5) in Westbourne Road.
One car, a Renault Espace, had its registration plates sprayed with black paint between 10.30pm and 11.30pm. Another vehicle had black paint sprayed on its bodywork and four other vehicles in the road were also damaged.
Officers are linking the crimes with grafitti at the children’s play area in Huntingdon Road recreation ground on the same evening.
PC Andrew Harcup-Rudd, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for people who live in the area or may have been in there for bonfire night to consider whether they saw a group of youths hanging around or behaving suspiciously.
You may also want to watch:
“They may have seen someone out of place, carrying a bag or a can of paint. We would also like to hear from any shopkeepers who sold aerosol paints to youths during the evening.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Harcup-Rudd on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital