Cash chance for charities
THE second annual Christmas Charity Fair sponsored by the Cambs Times is to be held on Sunday, November 25. Following the success of last year s event, the Cambs Times is again inviting local charities to join us for a special fund-raising day at the Oliv
THE second annual Christmas Charity Fair sponsored by the Cambs Times is to be held on Sunday, November 25.
Following the success of last year's event, the Cambs Times is again inviting local charities to join us for a special fund-raising day at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, March.
The fair will be opened at 11am by the mayor of March, Councillor Jan French, and stallholders are being invited to set up beforehand ready for the official opening.
Space is limited but charities can apply by phoning Barbara Sutton or John Elworthy on 01354 652621.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can send your request to Mrs B Sutton, Cambs Times, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
There is no charge for charities taking part, and tables will again be provided by the hotel.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Competitions, Christmas gift ideas, prize draws, and last minute Christmas presents made by members of many charities all figured in last year's fair which attracted a large crowd.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day - and a special Santa's grotto is also being planned.