87-year-old March mugging victim tells family she’s a ‘tough old bird’ as alleged attacker appears in court following CCTV appeal
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images helped police catch the man they suspect of mugging an 87-year-old woman in March.
Video of the alleged robbery in West End, March, was posted to social media within moments of it happening and a short while later police had arrested a suspect.
He has been named as Kyle Wojtowych, 23, of Hundred Road, March, who was remanded in custody to appear before Peterborough magistrates today.
Wojtowch has been charged with theft in connection with the mugging and faces other charges.
He has also been charged with two counts of burglary in connections with incidents at a shop in Broad Street, March, which are alleged to have taken place on July 24 and July 25.
You may also want to watch:
Family members confirmed the victim is recovering from her ordeal but say her handbag was taken with £30 in cash in it.
The victim has told family members she has also changed the locks on her home and cancelled all her bank cards.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
"I am so relieved she wasn't hurt thank God," one family member reported. "Her strength amazes me; she herself says she's a tough old bird."