Two men arrested in connection with catalytic converter thefts
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two men have been arrested on the A1307 near St Ives in connection with catalytic converter thefts.
On Saturday, November 20, a 21-year-old was arrested for dangerous driving, failing to stop, theft from a vehicle, criminal damage, drug driving and driving without a licence and insurance.
A 19-year-old was also arrested for possession of drugs, theft from a vehicle and dangerous driving.
Both have been released under investigation.
In a Facebook post, Policing in Huntingdonshire said: “Catalytic converter thefts are happening across Cambridgeshire every week.
“We’re urging members of the public to be vigilant and let police know if you witness anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles.
“If you believe a crime is in progress, call 999.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall