Catching the eye
ABOUT 170 pictures – ranging from views of Fenland to a horse reading a newspaper to a woman sitting on the toilet – combine to make up March Camera Club s current exhibition. The exhibition, at March Town Hall, opened last Wednesday and runs until Tuesda
ABOUT 170 pictures - ranging from views of Fenland to a horse reading a newspaper to a woman sitting on the toilet - combine to make up March Camera Club's current exhibition.
The exhibition, at March Town Hall, opened last Wednesday and runs until Tuesday of next week.
An innovation this year was the introduction of the 'Editor's Choice' award, a trophy, sponsored by the Cambs Times, for the member exhibiting the picture that caught the editor's eye.
Editor Brian Asplin went along to the opening night to present the award to Pat Ringham for his black and while photograph on two railwaymen in the cab of a steam locomotive.
You may also want to watch:
"The quality and variety of pictures in the exhibition is truly excellent," said Mr Asplin. "It was genuinely a difficult choice to make. But as I walked round and round the exhibition I was consistently drawn to the one picture. Although not taken in the town, it signified a long-gone era of March, and the photographer had captured the crew's expressions perfectly.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines