Caught on CCTV, the three men and one woman who wrecked Wisbech riverside floral baskets in the early hours
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been caught on CCTV causing extensive damage to flower baskets housing summer displays by the river in Wisbech.
Bob Ollier, chairman of Anglia in Bloom and also parks manager for Fenland Council, said the barrier baskets along Freedom Bridge would have needed considerable force to remove them.
“It’s not as if it was a two minute job,” he said. “They were ripped off but it would have taken whoever was responsible some time to do it.”
Wisbech in Bloom members estimate the damage at £300 and are hopeful CCTV images will help trace the culprits.
Mr Ollier said: “CCTV has got the incident recorded. What is needed is for these people to be caught and made to understand the work and effort that goes into these baskets. They also need to realise and appreciate their importance to the town.”
You may also want to watch:
Brian Massingham, chairman of Wisbech in Bloom, said he and his committee colleagues were both “saddened and disappointed” by the vandalism.
He has been to the police to make a statement about the damage which cameras show happened at around 2.45am on Saturday.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
CCTV reveals four people involved in wrecking the floral arrangements – three men and one woman are thought to be responsible.
Mr Massingham said: “It is sad that a handful of people can spoil it for the majority who get pleasure from these floral arrangements.”
• Call 101 if you know the culprits