Cause of a straw stack fire at Manea is not yet known
- Credit: Archant
Crews from Manea and Chatteris took nearly two and half hours to deal with a stack fire.
The fire broke out in Byall Fen Drove, Manea last night (Thursday)
Cambs fire chiefs said it involving two stacks.
In total there were about seven tonnes of straw material affected.
One stack was well alight and the other was smouldering with smoking blowing across the road and drivers were told approach the scene with care.
You may also want to watch:
Crews pumped water from a nearby open water source and used jets to put the fire out.
They returned to their stations by 8.10pm.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Police issued warnings throughout the evening to be aware of smoke drifting across the highway.