Driver cut out of car after crashing into garage of house in Cavalry Drive, March, leaving a scene of destruction
- Credit: Harry Rutter/ARCHANT
A driver had to be cut out their car after crashing into the garage of a house in Cavalry Drive, March, leaving a scene of destruction.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: "At 1.22pm a crew from March and one crew from Chatteris were called to a road traffic collision on Cavalry Drive, March.
"Crews arrived to find a collision involving one vehicle. Using specialist cutting equipment, firefighters released one casualty who was left in the care of the ambulance service.
"Crews made the area safe before returning to their stations by 2.45pm."
A police spokesman said: "We were called with reports of a collision in Cavalry Drive, March, at 1.24pm this afternoon (Thursday) whereby a car has collided with the garage of a house.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver has suffered injuries however the extent of them are not known at this time.
"No other details at the moment."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "An ambulance and an ambulance officer vehicle were called to a road traffic collision at Cavalry Drive, March shortly after 1pm this afternoon (Sept 19).
"One man was transported to Peterborough City Hospital for further assessment and care."
The homeowner's son in law, who has just arrived at house, said: "I've got to wait for recovery then I will start patching it up."
Did you witness this incident? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org