CCTV images released of man wanting for questioning after knife held to throat of 78 year old in post office
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to trace in connection with an attempted robbery.
The offender walked into the post office in Central Avenue, Dogsthorpe, Peterborough, at about 4.10pm on Wednesday, July 23.
He held a knife to the throat of a customer, a 78-year-old man, and demanded cash from a member of staff, a woman in her 40s.
The woman refused and the man walked out, turning in the direction of Chestnut Avenue.
No one was injured but the customer and member of staff were both shaken.
You may also want to watch:
DC Sarah Morley said: “I would like to hear from anyone with any information about who attempted to rob this post office.
“Anyone who thinks they recognise the man in the CCTV image should not hesitate to get in touch.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Anyone with information should contact DC Morley on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.