CCTV images released of woman wanted for questioning
POLICE have released images of a woman they want to speak to in connection with incidents of fraud in Wisbech.
Officers are investigating the use of stolen bank cards to withdraw money from the Alliance and Leicester bank, in the Market Place, on July 20.
The cards were used to withdraw �300 from cash points, then �95 over the counter in Alliance and Leicester. One of the cards was also used in an attempt to buy jewellery worth �700 at Argos in nearby Horsefair at 5pm, on the same day. However the bank refused to authorise that transaction.
The cards had been stolen from a handbag at the College of West Anglia, in Ramnoth Road, Wisbech, on the same day.
PC James Howard, investigating, said: “We believe the woman pictured on these CCTV images may have important information which could assist the police investigation into these incidents.
“If it is you, or you recognise the woman, please call police.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Howard or PC Mark Overland on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant