CCTV images released of woman wanted for questioning
POLICE have released images of a woman they want to speak to in connection with incidents of fraud in Wisbech.
Officers are investigating the use of stolen bank cards to withdraw money from the Alliance and Leicester bank, in the Market Place, on July 20.
The cards were used to withdraw �300 from cash points, then �95 over the counter in Alliance and Leicester. One of the cards was also used in an attempt to buy jewellery worth �700 at Argos in nearby Horsefair at 5pm, on the same day. However the bank refused to authorise that transaction.
The cards had been stolen from a handbag at the College of West Anglia, in Ramnoth Road, Wisbech, on the same day.
PC James Howard, investigating, said: “We believe the woman pictured on these CCTV images may have important information which could assist the police investigation into these incidents.
You may also want to watch:
“If it is you, or you recognise the woman, please call police.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Howard or PC Mark Overland on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow