CCTV released after Peterborough petrol station held up at gunpoint in attempted armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released CCTV images of an attempted armed robbery at a petrol station.
The offender walked into the Shell garage in Whittlesey Road, Stanground, at about 10.25pm on Saturday brandishing a gun and a knife.
He demanded the member of staff hand over cash but he ran off to raise the alarm.
The offender tried to break into the tills but then fled empty-handed.
He is described as white, in his 30s, wearing a high-visibility sleeveless jacket over a dark blue hooded top, a face covering, grey gloves, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
Det Con Kevin Poole said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the member of staff.
“While his face is not visible on the CCTV, the offender was wearing very distinctive clothing and I would appeal to anyone who saw him leave the store or recognises the description, to call police.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
CONTACT: Det Con Poole on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.