Celebrate super hero nurses
- Credit: Archant
Across Cambridgeshire, nursing staff are preparing to celebrate a day very close to our hearts.
Nurses’ Day is marked around the world each year on 12th May – the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth.
It is a time when we come together to celebrate the work that nurses and healthcare assistants do every day of the year, a hard-working army of thousands going above and beyond for their patients.
Some nurses will use the day to have a tea party, run a conference or exhibition, or simply take a short time-out from their busy schedule for lunch – something a lot of people take for granted, but which for nursing staff can be a luxury.
This year, the Royal College of Nursing is celebrating nursing staff for the superheroes they are.
You may also want to watch:
You can help by telling your stories of how nurses and healthcare assistants have been your heroes.
If you’re on Facebook or Twitter please use the hashtag #nurseheroes and tag us @RCNEastern.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
We greatly appreciate the support we receive from the public, which keeps us going during our busy shifts and the tough times.
We will do our best to continue to be your heroes.
RCN Cambridgeshire branch chairman