Celebrate the love and friendship of your marriage at a special church service in March
- Credit: Archant
Couples get a chance to celebrate their marriage in a special service being held this weekend at St Peter’s Church in March.
The church is celebrating gifts of marriage at 6.30 pm on Sunday June 19.
The Reverend Andrew Smith said: “This exceptional celebration will provide wedded couples with an opportunity to revitalize their commitment to one another.
“Any married couple wishing to reaffirm the love that has matured and deepened can renew their vows at this service.
“It does not matter where their wedding took place as long as both feel that the time is right.”
With music, prayer and the spoken word, the service is designed to remind people of how vital friendship and marriage are to the human condition, and the great joy and fulfilment they can bring to our lives.
Rev Smith said: “We shall be singing some of the most requested wedding hymns and readings, helping couples to remember and relive their special day. The service will also include an opportunity for couples to repeat the marriage promises to each other again.”
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
The Rector of St. Peter’s and St. Mary’s continued, “Friendship and marriage are a profound part of the church tradition and the bible has many examples of relationships succeeding despite real adversity.
“In this service we hope to celebrate God’s gifts of friendship and marriage, at whatever stage they may be.
“Whether you have just started out, or have been married for many years, there is much to be learned from each other and great deal for which we can be thankful.”
After the service, tea and coffee will be available.