Celebrations all round as the Bishop of East Anglia blesses newly-refurbished hall at Our Lady’s Catholic Church, March
- Credit: Archant
Over 120 people squeezed into the newly-refurbished hall at Our Lady’s Catholic Church in March to celebrate its formal opening.
The Rt Rev Alan Hopes, Bishop of East Anglia, blessed the new hall last week as parishioners mingled with the architects and builders along with guests from other churches and the wider community.
A short ceremony opened the evening where, after a short reading from the bible, Bishop Alan spoke about the huge achievement the parish had made in providing such a “beautiful resource” for themselves and for the wider community.
Parish Priest, Fr Paul Maddison, thanked all who had been involved in the venture and all who had donated over £115,000 in just two years towards the hall, which cost £250,000.
He said he “had faith” that the remaining money would come and welcomed the addition of the new hall to the life of the parish and the town.
You may also want to watch:
After a vote of thanks from two of the parishioners at Our Lady’s everyone enjoyed a celebratory drink.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake