Celebrations all round as the Bishop of East Anglia blesses newly-refurbished hall at Our Lady’s Catholic Church, March
- Credit: Archant
Over 120 people squeezed into the newly-refurbished hall at Our Lady’s Catholic Church in March to celebrate its formal opening.
The Rt Rev Alan Hopes, Bishop of East Anglia, blessed the new hall last week as parishioners mingled with the architects and builders along with guests from other churches and the wider community.
A short ceremony opened the evening where, after a short reading from the bible, Bishop Alan spoke about the huge achievement the parish had made in providing such a “beautiful resource” for themselves and for the wider community.
Parish Priest, Fr Paul Maddison, thanked all who had been involved in the venture and all who had donated over £115,000 in just two years towards the hall, which cost £250,000.
He said he “had faith” that the remaining money would come and welcomed the addition of the new hall to the life of the parish and the town.
You may also want to watch:
After a vote of thanks from two of the parishioners at Our Lady’s everyone enjoyed a celebratory drink.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol