Celebrations continue for Whittlesey teenager after Kids Are Alright Challenge nomination
NEWLY-crowned Whittlesey Young Citizen of the Year Siana Rawlings is celebrating yet more success after she was nominated for the Kids Are Alright Challenge.
The 15-year-old co-chairman of Fenland Youth District Council has been representing young people in her community for more than three years and volunteers in a host of different capacities.
She is a member of both the year and school council at Sir Harry Smith Community College, Whittlesey, and helps out backstage during school shows.
She has worked with the Kick Ash campaign to warn younger students about the dangers of smoking and also runs her school’s Christian Union. The dedicated teenager even finds time to help coach netball after school.
Siana, the compere for last year’s Kids Are Alright awards ceremony, said: “I enjoy getting to know people and giving something back to my community.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m busy all the time but I love it - it stops me from feeling lazy. I would love to keep working in the community when I get older.
“All of my friends are really proud of me and they always offer to help.”
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Ross McGivern, Community Development Officer at Fenland District Council, said: “Siana is ace. She’s dependable, organised and scarily professional for a 15-year-old. She’s on the ball, enthusiastic and always willing to get stuck in.”
• To nominate a youth group or individual fill in the coupon on the Kids Are Alright section of our website.
Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com - put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.