Celebrations continue for Whittlesey teenager after Kids Are Alright Challenge nomination
NEWLY-crowned Whittlesey Young Citizen of the Year Siana Rawlings is celebrating yet more success after she was nominated for the Kids Are Alright Challenge.
The 15-year-old co-chairman of Fenland Youth District Council has been representing young people in her community for more than three years and volunteers in a host of different capacities.
She is a member of both the year and school council at Sir Harry Smith Community College, Whittlesey, and helps out backstage during school shows.
She has worked with the Kick Ash campaign to warn younger students about the dangers of smoking and also runs her school’s Christian Union. The dedicated teenager even finds time to help coach netball after school.
Siana, the compere for last year’s Kids Are Alright awards ceremony, said: “I enjoy getting to know people and giving something back to my community.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m busy all the time but I love it - it stops me from feeling lazy. I would love to keep working in the community when I get older.
“All of my friends are really proud of me and they always offer to help.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Ross McGivern, Community Development Officer at Fenland District Council, said: “Siana is ace. She’s dependable, organised and scarily professional for a 15-year-old. She’s on the ball, enthusiastic and always willing to get stuck in.”
• To nominate a youth group or individual fill in the coupon on the Kids Are Alright section of our website.
Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org - put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.