Celebrations continue outside former Wisbech home of EuroMillions winners
CELEBRATIONS continued today outside the deserted one-bedroom Wisbech flat belonging to EuroMillions winners Dave and Angela Dawes.
Reporters from national media remained at the property this afternoon, while bewildered neighbours continued to express their amazement at the couple’s �101million jackpot.
Geoffrey Wright lived next door to factory worker Dave, 47, and charity volunteer Angela, 43. He said: “I was a good friend of Dave, we used to work together and I would look after their flat when they went on holiday.
“A reporter came down yesterday and asked me if I knew that my neighbour had won a lot of money on the lottery.
“At first I thought she said the figure was �100,000. I said good luck to them. Then she said it was �100million. I couldn’t believe it.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing like this has ever happened here. I just don’t know what I’d do with that much money.
“I don’t think we will see them back here very soon.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The lucky couple were whisked away in a Harrods helicopter yesterday after they were introduced to the world’s media. Their �101m prize is the third biggest ever awarded in the UK.
They have already drawn up a shopping list which includes homes in Portugal and Chelsea and a lavish wedding next year - but the pair have also promised to share their wealth with friends, family and charities.