Celebrations held to mark opening of Specsavers’ first store in March
SPECSAVERS’ first store in March christened its opening with balloon-filled celebrations and the calls of a town crier today.
The opticians opened its doors to specs and contact lens wearers on Tuesday but are enjoying today’s fun day to celebrate their new store in Broad Street.
Customers are being treated to decorations and drinks as part of the celebrations from the firm who run more than 1,500 stores throughout the world.
Trevor Clark, store manager, said: “March has a thriving high street and it’s very rare that a suitable size premises becomes available, so we’re very lucky to have found the perfect location.
“We are confident we will bring an excellent service to the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The store features state-of-the-art equipment in all of its testing rooms and on-site glasses making laboratory providing a quick turn around on prescription glasses.
It also offers digital retinal screening with a fundus camera, which can play an imperative role in the early diagnosis and prevention of many eye conditions and can also detect signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and even tumours.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
The Broad Street store - which will be open daily from 9am-6pm - will bring a host of designer frames from the likes of FCUK, Tommy Hilfiger and the new GW, Gok Wan range - to March.