Celebrations held to mark opening of Specsavers’ first store in March
SPECSAVERS’ first store in March christened its opening with balloon-filled celebrations and the calls of a town crier today.
The opticians opened its doors to specs and contact lens wearers on Tuesday but are enjoying today’s fun day to celebrate their new store in Broad Street.
Customers are being treated to decorations and drinks as part of the celebrations from the firm who run more than 1,500 stores throughout the world.
Trevor Clark, store manager, said: “March has a thriving high street and it’s very rare that a suitable size premises becomes available, so we’re very lucky to have found the perfect location.
“We are confident we will bring an excellent service to the local community.”
The store features state-of-the-art equipment in all of its testing rooms and on-site glasses making laboratory providing a quick turn around on prescription glasses.
It also offers digital retinal screening with a fundus camera, which can play an imperative role in the early diagnosis and prevention of many eye conditions and can also detect signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and even tumours.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
The Broad Street store - which will be open daily from 9am-6pm - will bring a host of designer frames from the likes of FCUK, Tommy Hilfiger and the new GW, Gok Wan range - to March.