Chamber of commerce says Government must release details- and soon- of A14 upgrade now it has been agreed
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce is urging the government to announce full details of the proposed A14 upgrade so that the public have confidence the scheme will definitely go ahead.
A spokesman said they are pleased the Government is finally responding to the critically needed upgrade but said details were what counted.
“When all the excitement of last week’s announcement has died down... we need to have a reality check.
“The very same politicians cancelled the previous scheme as being unaffordable and yet three years down the line they herald putting back a more expensive scheme as a major step forward and trumpet their achievement and look for accolades.
“It is little wonder that many become cynical.”
You may also want to watch:
The Chamber said it needed details of the £100+ million local funding requirement by all the local authorities involved.
They also wanted to see details of the proposed tolling scheme, the suggested route, traffic orders, information on the timing on compulsory land purchase orders, a detailed timetable of the public consultation, the timing and length of a Public Inquiry and a full timetable showing that work could start in 2016.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review