Chameleon is still open for business at Wisbech
A Wisbech pub owner is letting customers know his venue is open for business as usual after news of a planning application to turn the venue into flats left people worried he had closed his doors.
Frank Kavanagh, of The Chameleon, says it is business as usual at the West Street pub.
Mr Kavanagh and his wife Assumpta have applied to Fenland District Council for permission to turn the venue into four flats.
In the meantime the bar is still running a usual in lunchtimes and evenings.
Mr and Mrs Kavanagh are still waiting to hear if their planning application has been approved.
You may also want to watch:
“We had one customer come in worried that their party booked for this month would have to be cancelled - nothing has changed, the pub is still open, the planning application is just testing what we might do as future plans,” he said.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off