Chance to angle some cash for cancer charity with fishing match at Ely
- Credit: Archant
Anglers have a chance to join the annual Marie Curie Predator Cup later this month.
This annual fishing event which has raised over £26,000 for Marie Curie over the past 13 years will be held on Sunday February 21 on the River Great Ouse in Ely.
The event takes place from 7am to 3pm with the usual rules applying including a two rod limit and strictly no live baiting. T
The raffle and presentation of prizes will take place at the Ely Beet Sports & Social Club, Lynn Road, Ely, at the conclusion of the match.
For an entry form or further information contact Christine Brown community fundraiser on 01920 468956 or email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Entry will be £15 per peg and with a £5 optional pool on the day, there are no concessions for juniors or OAPs.
The raffle will have some great prizes with all the proceeds, along with the entry fees, going to Marie Curie.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4