Channel 4 television series searching for Fenland’s ‘restoration warriors’
FENLAND’S ‘restoration warriors’ are being sought to take part in a Channel 4 series which follows the renovation of historical buildings.
Restoration Man, presented by architect George Clarke, tracks owners as they breathe new life into historic and vulnerable buildings - with the first series featuring properties including a Victorian Ice House in Scotland and a former church in Pembrokeshire.
But now the Channel 4 show wants to visit Fenland to reveal the hidden gems that are being restored across the district.
During the series, architect George offers expertise to individuals who are passionate about turning historic buildings into their dream home.
As well as practical advice, George looks into the history of each building, why they were built and how they’ve evolved over the years within the community.
You may also want to watch:
The series is searching for unusual and historic buildings including; maritime buildings, follies, former military buildings, former public toilets, lighthouses, stables, industrial buildings, railway buildings, signal boxes, halls, barns and engine houses.
Owners must have full planning permission and finance in place.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
• Anyone interested should contact the Restoration Man team on: 0207 529 9447 or email: email@example.com
For more information visit: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-restoration-man/episode-guide/series-1