Restaurant Two Ten in March to host charity bake off in aid of Stand Up To Cancer
- Credit: Archant
A March restaurant will be tempting customers with tasty treats as part of a Stand Up To Cancer charity bake off.
Restaurant Two Ten, in Station Road, will be hosting the bake sale with prizes for the best bake, chocolate egg and spoon race and refreshments.
It comes as organisers say want to raise awareness of the disease after knowing young people undergoing treatment.
Stephanie Hyndman, whose brother is head chef at Two Ten, said: “The Stand Up To Cancer ‘Bake Off’ is showing on Channel 4 at the moment, so I thought it was a great time to host a fundraiser, and Restaurant Two Ten in March has kindly offered to be the venue for this.
“Having lost young people to this dreadful illness and knowing people still undergoing treatment; fundraising and raising awareness is very dear to my heart.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place this Saturday (March 30) from 11am to 3pm and any donations would be gratefully received.
For more details, visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/405373680045873/
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused